Anti-Scale System for up to 4 gpm (15 lpm) – Dual Cartridge
Connection Sizes: 3⁄4″ or 1″
125 psi pressure rated
Flow Rates: From 0.5 gpm to 4 gpm (1.9 lpm to 15.2 lpm)
The Anti-Scale System with two filter housings, provides protection from scale formation and reduces chlorine and other off tastes to improve overall water quality in Food Service applications or areas where the calcium build-up is a problem. The system is a single, dual or triple cartridge-based system that may be installed on a cold water line prior to a water-using device (coffee maker, espresso machine, post-mix system or other appliance) that requires protection from the ill effects of hard water. The Anti-Scale System works exceptionally well where the water is being heated or brought to steam.
The Anti-Scale System prevents scale by transforming dissolved hardness minerals into harmless, inactive microscopic crystal particles. These crystals stay suspended in the water and are passed to drain, thereby having a greatly reduced ability to react negatively like dissolved hardness does. The system requires very little maintenance, no backwashing, no salt, and no electricity. Typical hardness problems, especially build-up of scale in heating elements, boilers, and steamers, are no longer a concern.
The Anti-Scale System is not a water softener. It does not add chemicals or remove any minerals. It is a scale prevention device with proven third party laboratory test data and years of successful Food Service and Commercial applications. The Anti-Scale System is the intelligent scale solution with chlorine reduction as a great alternative to water softening (ion exchange) or scale sequestering devices.
• Chemical free scale prevention and protection – converts hardness minerals to harmless, inactive microscopic crystals making The Anti-Scale System effective alternative technology to a water softener for the prevention of scale due to water hardness and for the reduction of chlorine for better taste and odor
• Virtually maintenance free – No salt bags or other chemicals to constantly add or maintain
• No control valve, no electricity and no wastewater
• Uses environmentally friendly “green” technology
• Improves efficiency of all water appliances whether heating the water or not
• Simple sizing & installation – all you need to know is pipe size and flow rate
• Perfect system for restaurants, cafeterias and coffee shops where multiple or single equipment protection is desired for longer equipment life and reduced energy consumption
• Inlet and outlet ball valve for easy isolation shutoff and filter changes
• The Anti-Scale System does not remove the essential minerals in water that are linked to good health
• The Anti-Scale System cartridge-based systems are easily maintained; change the carbon cartridge every 6 to 12 months and the media cartridge once per year.
The scale prevention system with added carbon block filtration shall be installed on the cold water service line to condition and filter the tap water just prior to the service line feeding the equipment it is designed to protect. The system will be sized for maximum or peak flow rate based on the specification of said equipment. The Anti-Scale System with added carbon filtration may also be installed to protect multiple pieces of equipment from the ill-effects of hard water scale and taste/odor concerns provided the aggregate peak flow rate for each piece of equipment it is protecting has been considered. The system shall be plumbed with a bypass valve to allow isolation of filter housings to allow the bypass of untreated water in the event that service or cartridge replacement is necessary. The installation area should be suitable in size for the housing to be serviced without encumbrance and the system should be installed per the Installation, Operation & Maintenance manual as provided with each system.
The Anti-Scale System does not require additional waste water to backwash, flush, or regenerate once put into service. The system shall not require any chemical additives and shall not require electricity for operation.
Water Chemistry & Limitations
pH 6.5 to 8.5
Hardness (maximum) 75 grains (1300 ppm CaCO3)
Temperature 41°F to 100°F (5° to 38°C)
Chlorine < 3ppm
Iron (maximum) 0.3 mg/l
Manganese (maximum) 0.05 mg/l
Copper (maximum) 1.3 mg/l
Oil & H2S none allowed
Polyphosphate none allowed
Silica (maximum) 10 ppm
DVGW – German Technical and Scientific Association for Gas & Water
The Anti-Scale System meets standard W-512 for testing Physical Water Treatment devices for Scale Prevention and achieved an efficiency rating of 99.6% for scale prevention.
The Anti-Scale System media has been tested and certified for material safety to NSF/ANSI Standard 42 and 64.
- Full 50 year conditional warranty
- Our new units come with pressure gauges
- Complete with shut-off valves, housing wrench, bracket and screws
- Pressure release button
- Rated for 125 psi
Click HERE for more info.