History of Vacumatic Waterless Cookware
In the 50s, the idea was conceived to take Waterless Cookware to a new level. Our cookware was originally made by Vollrath in business since 1874. It does not get any more American than this.
What is the difference between Waterless cookware and Vacumatic Waterless cookware?
Waterless cookware is a system of slowly steaming your vegetables without boiling out the flavor and color. (Steam comes to 100 Celsius / 212 Fahrenheit)
It is a much better method of preparing foods, as it will retain most of the flavor and color.
Then the Vacumatic system of food preparation was invented. Vacumatic cookware is a process of cooking your vegetables in a vacuum vapor. By doing so you are cooking below the boiling point (74 Celsius / 165 Fahrenheit) thereby retaining all of the vitamins, nutrients, minerals, natural color and taste.
One simple way to describe the process would be that you can boil water at a lower temperature high in the mountains as there is less pressure in the air.
Some of the features necessary to cook Vacumatically are:
- Vapor seal to create a partial vacuum
- Vac-Control valve to allow the steam to escape and lock
- Heat conducting inner core along bottom and up the side to the rim
Without these features cooking vacumatically in a vacuum vapor would not be possible.
What is Vacumatic Cookware?
Vacumatic is a process of cooking your vegetables in a vacuum vapor.
Other methods, such as steaming, boiling or Microwaving all bring the foods to 100 degrees Celsius / 212 Fahrenheit, which is the temperature where the vitamins, minerals and nutritional goodness start to break down. When cooking in a vacuum vapor, the temperature does not exceed 72 degrees Celsius / 165 Fahrenheit, therefore retaining 98% of all the natural vitamins, minerals, color and taste.
Without features such as the vapor seal, vac-control valve, heat conducting inner core that extends up the side your cookware, you cannot cook the proper Vacumatic Waterless way. This heat conducting inner core also offers energy savings, up to 70%, virtually paying for the cookware in a few years.
Click HERE for more details on the benefits of vacuum cooking.
List of special features with Vacumatic cookware;
- Highest quality 19/9 316-T surgical stainless steel with Titanium.
- Special ‘Whistle Vent’ to notify you when to turn off the heat.
- Three-way steam vent knob for cooking rice or soups.
- Only use a fraction of electricity, saving you up to 70% on hydro.
- Retains vitamins, minerals, natural color, flavors and taste.
- Built to last a lifetime. Full 50 year double lifetime warranty.
- No oils or fats needed for frying.
- Full 7-ply construction along bottom and up the sides.
- Wipes clean with just warm soapy water.
- Replaceable Bakelite handles.(also USA made)
- Can ‘Stack Cook’. Self storing lids.
- Full ‘wrap-around’ flame guards
- Oven proof handles are electrically welded so no rivets inside.
- Proudly made in America by one of the world’s most respected manufacturers of stainless steel cooking utensils since 1874.
- Many, many more.
The only people paying for Vacumatic cookware are the ones who do not own it. In other words, if this method of cooking can save you over 1000.00 a year in electricity and food costs, then indirectly your current cookware could be costing you this.
We gets calls and emails every week from happy clients going back to the 1950’s. We always hear stories on how new their set still looks and how happy they are that they made the investment. I believe that the first Vacumatic set sold for around $299.00, which was a lot of money in the late 50’s. Click HERE to read some of the stories sent in to us.
We have had the same cookbook for many years, but we recently had a new one written by a team of Nutritionists with fabulous recipes and simple instructions on care and cleaning. We also have a full DVD we include with each set showing everything you need to know on cooking Vacumatically.