There are many companies selling Waterless cookware on the internet today. Some are the authentic sets made by one of the three main cookware factories in America, but many are what we refer to as 'knock offs'. These counterfeit sets are usually made in China but with the handles put on in the US they claim to be American made. The gauge of steel with these sets are inferior and will not last even though they claim to have lifetime guarantees.
What is the difference between American Waterless Cookware Vacumatic cookware and other quality cookware sets such as Salad Master.
Besides price, there is not much difference in quality. Salad Master cookware is made of 316Ti surgical steel and the Vacumatic set is 304T.
(See the info below on the differences of these metals)
The main difference in Saladmaster cookware is that it is just Waterless cookware. Cooking waterless is just that. Your using 'less water' and slowly steaming your vegetables. Most people are not aware that steam comes to be at a higher temperature than boiling water. It is at this temperature that the minerals and vitamins are affected. When cooking in a vacuum vapor, as with the Vacumatic method of cooking, you're cooking at a much lower temperature thus retaining all of the vitamins and minerals. (See below for more info on this)
These are some of the benefits that make Vacumatic superior to Saladmaster or any other cookware in the world:
- True 7 ply construction
- Heat conducting inner cores along the bottom and up to the edge
- 304 surgical steel with Titanium
- Full 50-year warranty
- Three way 'Whistle Vent' (whistle tone, steam or lock)
- Warp-resistant bottoms
- Removable ovenproof bakelite handles
- 'Sure Grip' handles designed for safety
- Hanging ring on end of long handle
- Side handle with every utensil
- Full wrap-around flame guards (ideal for gas stoves)
- Self storing lids
- Lid can serve as a hot plate for the pot
- Stack cooking
- Save up to 70% on energy
- More pieces to choose from than any other company
- Design your own set
- Factory direct prices
- and more...
You can pay more but you can't get better quality!
(Click HERE to read what the Holistic Cooking Academy of Canada has to say about our cookware vs the Saladmaster set.)
Difference between 304T and 316T steel
304T has 18 parts chrome and 10 parts nickel.
With the Titanium, this metal is 92 on the Rockwell hardness scale.
316 has 17 parts chrome and 12 parts nickel with 2 parts molybdenum and is 95 on the Rockwell hardness scale.
When either of these two metals are used in the manufacturing of cookware, there would be no significant difference in the course of use over a lifetime. Both are ideal.
Click HERE for more details info on the differences between 304 and 316 steel.
Applications for 316 steel
Typical applications include:
- Food preparation equipment particularly in chloride environments.
- Laboratory benches & equipment.
- Coastal architectural paneling, railings & trim.
- Chemical containers, including for transport.
- Woven or welded screens for mining, quarrying & water filtration.
|Source: Atlas Steels Australia
What is the Difference between Waterless Cookware and Vacumatic Waterless Cookware?
Waterless cookware is a system of slowly steaming your vegetables without boiling out the flavor and color. (Steam comes to 100 Celsius)
Vacumatic cookware is a process of cooking your vegetables in a vacuum vapor. By doing so you are cooking below the boiling point (74 Celsius/165 Fahrenheit) thereby retaining all of the vitamins, nutrients, minerals, natural color and taste.
Some of the features necessary to cook Vacumatically are:
- Vapor seal to create a partial vacuum
- Vac-Controle valve to allow the steam to escape and lock
- Heat conducting inner core along bottom and up the side to the rim
||Vac-Controle whistle vent
||Heat retaining alloys
Without these features cooking Vacumatically in a vacuum vapor would not be possible.
Here is some quotes from a Salad Master dealer who believes her cookware cooks in a vacuum and thus does the same thing. Click HERE
Go HERE for more details.
Why Buy American?
Click HERE to find out how you can save thousands of dollars buying factory direct
<< Back to Waterless Cookware <<